[CBQ] Re: New Truxton, Missouri RR Station History [1 Attachment]

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: New Truxton, Missouri RR Station History [1 Attachment]
From: William Canelos <sharronbillc@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 08:22:38 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1367594567; bh=o2eS0+9NaK3w6iJzktfR11er2+ncjBeTw7Gj07OzKiw=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=FlaI4iLUMkoMmTKhFMlRYrKIna3KGUK/TiHDEeGkHh14vp/gGWOFeqO+nDnAFhB7fFnw0RK5ToRrygiHFJzEnP9oDQKvILK5TEqmpN+Xw1TT2I9Gh4kB2CwpmsZ08dqN+iNNMh0sKApaQaTqTfv5IWewsT3je0BiWozzM6kbWMQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from William Canelos included below]

Ken, Conrad & Bill Archie,  Than ks for all the help and replies.   I do have the pictures and for fun see the one I have posted.  I was thinking the loco in the picture is a 4-4-0, but maybe someone can say for sure.  Several have speculated that the occasion was the arrival of the first train in 1904.  As a youth I played on the old bridge many times and last year visited the station in Wellsville.  Like most kids I never gave one thought that I would even care about what was going on around me at some future date!

I have seen a photo of the tank at Hawk Point and as far as I know there were stock pens and a sale barn in New Truxton.  there was also a Granary, the old type from when the grain was sacked and loaded in boxcars that way.  I have not been able to find a site plan with the layout of buildings & facilities near the station but Locals tell me the pens and Granary were east of the station I do have a photo of the station with the Granary in the background.

Was there a Burlington Bulletin on the short line?  If so can anyone loan a copy or let me know if I can buy a back issue for our museum?

Conrad, I have very confusing information on the abandonment, one source said it was 1976 and another said 1985 but that is wrong for sure. I have tried to pin things down more precisely by going to the government records with no luck.  There is supposedly a color picture of a BN GP-30 at New Truxton with a crew pulling up the rails, but in years of searching I have never found a copy.  The dates you give of 1982 1983 make more sense and I am wondering if you have any more details about it, or where I can find some paper records for the museum.  I did a search on the contractor but came up with nothing there.

This has turned out to be a lot of fun  for me and I very much appreciate all the replies and stories.  I will await the story about the Belleville station!!

Attachment(s) from William Canelos

1 of 1 Photo(s)