Re: [CBQ] Re: New Truxton, Missouri RR Station History

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: New Truxton, Missouri RR Station History
From: archie hayden <klinerarch@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 13:33:15 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1367605997; bh=IMwLpHuC2eCq06mef79ExHrWqIZr13Dg6xZDne8LWec=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Authority-Analysis:Message-Id:To:In-Reply-To:References:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=4pex9Wp92FIL/LeJTaXBpqmq75aL196S+2OU8n1nveQDcv2sVN8H8wDYKO5gGidY9lslqwr3dFCGVYZwzEQ3Hf5onxkerjvNUd3uYf7ZRTbxY+uOYqXKKBvyW2+vkEwUMQs4TAwhf8aLSF7pwlx1Xwfb4BydbA5bsvziTGhoyv0=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Bill, If you could look closely at the number on the side of the headlight or the number-plate on the nose of the loco, that number would help us determine the wheel configuration.  The attire of the people and the condition of the depot could well be 1904.  Not sure of the exact opening date but they were shooting for June of that year just in time for the Worlds Fair in St Louis.  The open windows on the depot support that season and the train is St Louis bound.  As for the Bellflower depot, urban legend put it thus.  The area just north of the mainline was the town of Bellflower and the community just south of the tracks was Liege.  When the line was under construction, the lumber and supplies were unloaded to get ready for the erection of the depot.  Not sure who started it, but the town folks opposite where the lumber was stacked moved the pile to their side of the tracks, the next night the other town folks moved it back.  After a few nights of lumber transfers, the Burlington depot builders told both towns they would have their names on the depot.  That is why the timetables list the station as Liege-Bellflower.  The depot ended up on the Liege side of the tracks henceforth the order of names on the depot.  All the depots from Old Monroe to New Truxton were on the north side of the tracks and all the depots from Liege-Bellflower to Benton City were on the south side.  Thanks, Archie