Re: [CBQ] Story POsts

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Story POsts
From: LZadnichek@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 14:40:01 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1359574803; bh=Qb1C2Ul5rEco/asRMetJECdAmtc2dCYAGpMTa3SWW8M=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Full-name:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=lye53+hSYzNobxO2n9av7yMiUmRw2chl99GT6eDoGTJ3XEVxSWnr6tPWM2C6HRBl3mOt38LA6r0XIO8OJYUHTH7we3tv22Zqa8knhMwQfcY1BKrPSMeEk4wLyNZQ+0kUd3sD14oZvFiLQCRDyGngGp6WbxIR206sLq3MS4JBaBE=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Great bell story. Dad was Hannibal Division Supt. the year of the Great Flood (can't remember the exact year - maybe 1959?) and I remember the name Harvey Niemeyer. A fellow Group member who is presently silent (like I was) has contacted me off-line to reconnect. He and I were school friends in Hannibal and his father was chief clerk to the master mechanic at the time. My friend said he would be posting some of his Q memories at an early date and I look forward to seeing them. At the time we lived in Hannibal, the roundhouse, portions of the backshop and turntable were still intact. I recently saw an image taken from Lovers Leap and there's nothing left but a big green field with the BNSF mainline to St. Louis running alongside the river. Dad's office was in an ancient coal smoke blackened two story brick building that, as I recall, even he complained of as being "dirty." I'm glad you brought-up the subject of the Ladies Auxiliary as this organization is all but forgotten today, but did so much for the railroad communities they served so long ago. Dad was always interested in Q history and I remember he would take my mom, brother and me on Sunday drives to show us where the original H&SJ roadbed was in the weeds - Louis