[CBQ] Re: Story POsts

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Story POsts
From: "dr strangelove" <kaiserwillieii0815@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 17:17:42 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1359479867; bh=BekZrL1j+WMRDkykvI8m2tj4sAPfaqkwqfVfIGx++FQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=cwtPI2wsSMbvnVG/IJQhkmZCWz36IojJMyEKsGU1k3nL/DYbPfwmH3rt6jRhy0HmoYr+vLAMpA3PqFxQeCr/vZ9W6akCyWEau8CgT3dpPdvZfgQQ4u6DL1l8Lk0mmVF2xV+wnLanl/R/2lZ9covfLx8R4hXlJF/Mai3CqYnM3WQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, Jpslhedgpeth@... wrote:

> I always thought that the smell of creosote coming from track ties or even a
> wood platform on a hot summer day was about as "railroady" as you could get.
> Also that steam and valve oil as you mentioned was right in there along with
> that depot, yard office and waycar smell...a combination of coal
> smoke...tobacco smoke..(everybody smoked then)...except me....and kerosene or
> "signal oil.

     In Germany they sell incense that is supposed to smell like a steam
engine. I am thinking about getting some if I ever buy a Mikado that is
supposed to be coming out this year.I could burn incense and light up the coal
oil lantern and get a bit of the smell.  Still quite a few 1:1 scale steam
engines over here by the way.
     It just does not seem to get hot enough for that creosote smell to ooze
out of the ties. Old ties can be found here, I guess I could put one under the
layout.Turn on the space heater.
     Oh to be 7 again on a hot summer day, sitting there on the steps of the
General Store/Post office in Sheller, sucking on a strawberry Nehi, smelling
the creosote from the ties and the tar on the road, and waving at the guys in
the caboose a few yards away.(Sure it was a Mopac caboose, but still it would
be nice.)

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com