RE: [CBQ] Re: speed recorders

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: speed recorders
From: "Tom Kline" <TKline@airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 02:12:58 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echo; t=1353658399; bh=8Jkc5SU+sesNZd49EacV1UeJtf+u5kNXVpbwbH51elc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Eon-Dm:X-Received:X-Eon-Sig:To:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:Thread-Index:X-MimeOLE:Message-Id:X-Proofpoint-Virus-Version:X-Proofpoint-Spam-Details:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=VQukrUvWVKsRbiF9tZnAWLp+/X/c0dDSMsP3jfg1XvfX+c6pm9WqtMq0DzGnlgVoq5FM61c7qtGSm0XyLkxuUt2b2HjzZ6ox5f1FlWqgPtfaJBovpDaPyqm4ZqyCKQk4YH8GVjVr2gh8bTi4tCg85ctln+zjop93OJARfGzBvno=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Crews also had ways of causing the paper recording tape to “tear” while inside the sealed unit.  I knew a couple of engineers who carried elongated pen knives with a thin blade about the length of a Bic ball point pen which could be stuck into a crack in the speedometer head to slice or rip through the tape.  Even though these were illegal to posses these ‘pig stickers’ were carried on the job and fit quite well into the pencil holder on the front bib of their overalls.

Tom Kline

Houston