[CBQ] Re: BLI E8s [plated sides?]

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: BLI E8s [plated sides?]
From: "jonnyo55" <jonnyo55@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 15:53:43 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1342799625; bh=ARKkWZD4LQi95zWeReS1gYScGGrksRUvyjQymww7yyc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=KVFk415K1HHcUljki/SfqyukGhKrMr9n30Gp6ardB46DiAn1KTUP9hMFDUc6GBYS9WHAyzktpPyUvNCaq9vyH/Nvqq50APWmXNH4IGcyP7vVA6QzScq7W09g/Jqcm6Cm
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I don't know if they will be plated or painted, but I DO know that my BLI Rock
Island E3A (actually an E6A, but the box says E3) has the most convincing
painted rendition of stainless I've ever seen...I wish Con-Cor had done the
same on their Pioneer Zephyrs!

And...re: "waiting for (black or red...choose one) nose stripes"...c'mon, guys,
that's why this is called MODEL railroading.  Invest in a Microscale decal set
and spend a half an hour's quality time with your new E unit; you'll actually
get the satisfaction of having participated in making just the model you want.
Given the flux in model RR manufacturing in China right now, there's no
guarantee that the re-release incorporating "your" nose stripes will ever
occur...at least without doubling in price!

John O'Connell

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com