[CBQ] Re: Visiting Colorado

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Visiting Colorado
From: "Jonathan Harris" <jonathanharris@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 16:35:05 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1336754107; bh=QFZPyb3tYx8TGMwAhcFczWqZ9/VjAY2fDZ7+vNAHh4A=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=t7SlS8C7OkZlqBFJUfGpK1uiIns7FmRasDTCA5qpJ8r2v6ntIK3fBb8nnkcwf2H79L7vAquHUe0AsRo+SOd7FWj07J3NDjrW1VQGt/wvvpz5TX7vl7+AeaphT4qUXsPr
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Chris, obviously I agree with what you say, but I wouldn't want your post to be
misinterpreted to mean that the spectacular stuff on the D&S lasts only a half
hour or less. It's true that the Animas gorge, where you're on that narrow
shelf blasted out of rock (justly famous and the most photographed section on
the RR) is relatively brief, but once you get north of Rockwood (the last 2/3
of the route), everything is beautiful and isolated ? some of the best mountain
scenery in the Colorado Rockies. The whole upper canyon, the roaring river
surrounded by 14,000-foot peaks is absolutely stunning, even if (or maybe
because) the railroad is down at river level. Disneylandishness
notwithstanding, the D&S still should be on every rail fan's to-do list, ... at
some point in their life.
Jonathan

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com