[CBQ] Re: Visiting Colorado

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Visiting Colorado
From: "dieselpop1" <dieselpop1@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 18:14:58 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1336673707; bh=D5uDxrHz2j9xLYOrOvxzYds2wt8zoZ4n1UVm/6QbD9U=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=QhRi1rmQ1ACE/S4roOhsQUlIuWQsI+oD9Cu1vqx++JYjvXR449ujL0+U9leaai0JHtKBn0Bn9WCo3xmLfg+ZB5bUbdHe3WpT7WlixZRM6Bfp8fu+hnOTrhDAT9GtTqr6
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Scenery on the C&T is more open and observable. The D&S spends more time in
steep walled canyons. The D&G arrives in a very scenic location but doesn't
spen a lot of time there. Both are worthwhile trips. The C&T has more to see at
the
Chama depot and interesting shops are very close and easier to access than at
Silverton where they are more spread out. Silverton has more shops than Chama.
Alamosa, the Georgetown Loop, the Colorado Railroad Museum, and the Leadville,
Colorado, and Southern are all worthwhile stops and rides. The Colorado Museum
of Transportation has a Mallet engine on display along with other railroad
rolling stock.
W. D. Hoy

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com