RE: [CBQ] Visiting Colorado

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Visiting Colorado
From: "Nelson Moyer" <ku0a@mchsi.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 15:37:31 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1336682009; bh=mXQ6+a4xhMEwXZA2dmIz+tJH0AhTsvJJmEV84ZV1seg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Authority-Analysis:To:Message-ID:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:Importance:X-MimeOLE:Thread-Index:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=MsmTy2aW5IAydORZlmbeQJcYmX9zTfFv58Y/w/CJ8OKV0sb58+DjggWKMWP7kZBK+v2Hx3K7YPfxcpCuM+X1b1IC11vO4hvLwgEfivdxahJR4Jpie7BwOMKicuwG/nBz
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I rode the Durango & Silverton on a beautiful spring day many years ago, and
the scenery was spectacular. That was before digital cameras, and I exposed
several roles of film on the way up and down the mountain. Silverton is a
quaint old mining town, and the layover gives you enough time for a
leisurely stroll around town. I have not ridden the Cumbres, but the
pictures I've seen don't show as much mountain scenery as the Silverton run.
The Durango & Silverton follows the Anamis River canyon, and the river lives
up to its name. Don't wear a light colored shirt, especially if you ride in
one of the gondolas.

Nelson Moyer