[CBQ] Re: CBQ/NP NCL reroutes to the MILW, ca. 1968-9?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CBQ/NP NCL reroutes to the MILW, ca. 1968-9?
From: "pal_houston" <paulaleonard08@att.net>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 12:29:39 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1336220985; bh=sOylxR6r9gl6Hwyrc1wRkLrEAC2YTCOWNCOBYQgKnLw=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=NVDtUPmAYXTB+uWypvjSyF4NwWp+wfMdyqL5FCanRSYUTLFUSwdrlUFa/7C4ag9tSsyvcRam8z3uHGX3KX9JVTcskMOInwNRpoGNvjqQJvEPGrBaMSyzRpOAvAqFXPye
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "whstlpnk" <whstlpnk@...> wrote:

> All-
>
> Does anyone have any details on the date or causes of the _NCL_ being
> re-routed off the Q and onto the MILW between the Twin Cities and Chicago? I
> believe there was some flooding on the Q's route along the Mississippi, which
> must have been in the 1968-9 period? I think I have two shots of the _NCL_ on
> the Milwaukee, one at Portage and the other in Milwaukee proper. The Portage
> shot shows what looks (to me) to be a Pullman sleeper bringing up the
> markers, so the observation car has been removed, which I think means a date
> after the spring of 1968? What would be nice to know is date of the wash-out,
> locale, and how long the Q was knocked out of service. (Was this this old
> CB&N route into the Twin Cities?)
>
> RSVP
> John Phillips

John:  Not sure this helps you, but Portage is where the CBQ joined the Rcok
Island for the run north to East Dubuque.   The MILW was further south at
Savanna.

Regards,
Paul

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com