[CBQ] Re: C&S branch lines in southeast Colorado and northern New Mexico

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: C&S branch lines in southeast Colorado and northern New Mexico
From: Chipeta70@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 20:33:14 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1327350796; bh=6v+eUclzQ5UAmS94UTyxiVzzA9nhRFqAF/NBmCsTOw0=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=V9lCDkTYIl099dxPRNW2JmUSW+Asfw7lcL8LOZAF5g3DiCxP7cjqNK1WjyPFrmw6rGiQfcVFH8eOGYwXyOE6ttnyaQwZagM5a9GOgYcsaeu2H9aBUTErejtRwxB+3+9y
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Thank you Jonathan, I am happy you found this interesting. We did take pictures but have no way of posting them.
The stone ghost town is Berwind in Berwind Canyon also called Road Canyon. I would call del Agua Canyon a valley where Road Canyon is a canyon.

I would suggest in addition to the books I mentioned a book I didn't have at the time. It is Ghost Towns Colorado Style by Kenneth Jessen Vol. three. It does have some photos of the towns and mines.
One of the books I mentioned was Colorado Ghost Towns Past and Present by Robert L. Brown has photos but was done in 1972 and may be hard to find.. Killing for Coal by Thomas Andrews has photos and maps. Blood Passion by Scott Martelle also has some maps and photos. The C&S was right in the middle of the trouble.

If we go again we probably would stay in Trinidad and plan on three or four days.

Chuck Seemann