Re: [CBQ] Rochelle

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Rochelle
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 05:42:51 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1315572173; bh=1C2+ED0MOQCNGtSxU+cSlzFO7bXaHUIkqOcxTZsLecs=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=DzB4w0Xkf/LhWo0Vfs4/+QnQ1NGhCfhWM1yWYyDKEuoJDWm5aKdxFo96nxTnMaR6aAYkn6yIjV4uWeKvblqoJu/HFM1T69S6YkbzFRJ6ahl72XTcZ4qmW0PhU7meyQmP
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Ed is right about the coal.  It would arrive in both hoppers and gons.  A lot
of
the open space on either side of the tracks was filled with coal bins and or
piles.  Bins would keep the rain off and stop freezing in coal weather.  It was
also the reason for a lot of the business from two other industries along the Q

Stephen-Adamson and Barber-Greene both makers of bulk material convoyers.
There
were still a couple of the BG Elevators along the tracks in Galesburg up till
'93 when I got moved out.  If you went to the Kansas City Annual meet and took
train trip there were coal bins at the time being used for other uses along the
tracks.

Look in the back grounds of photo and you can pick out the coal bins
Steve in SC