RE: [CBQ] rail bridge over the Des Moines River at Keokuk

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] rail bridge over the Des Moines River at Keokuk
From: "Dave Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 00:08:32 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1301112517; bh=sF0yY7vpMTOYksvQEbrtdL+B+vxwLLcExHZ/bK4HtRg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:To:Message-ID:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:Importance:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=h7CI/H1+52npJnIpUWPMhfnaH7CyN5GY0sMb9MxNxvZNbsW3qDXWkFzs01awAWJ5SAG2Lcs4JebtAAnIzblf0yK+cUk3zYFSkt3nJWglL2AsqpVlVZyhqy5iV+tSeDHG
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi Duncan,

>From the Baldwin Corporate History, it appears that the bridge was built by
the Mississippi Valley and Western Railway Company, which was a
consolidation of the original Mississippi Valley and Western Railway Company
and the Mississippi and Missouri River Air-Line Railroad Company.  The line
from Canton, MO to Buena Vista, IA (at the junction with the Keokuk & Des
Moines [CRI&P]) was opened on June 24, 1872.

I also have an extra copy of Bernie?s book that I will sell you.  Contact me
offlist and we can discuss a price.

Dave Lotz