RE: [CBQ] Jacksonville, Illinois Tower

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Jacksonville, Illinois Tower
From: GLEN HAUG <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 23:55:30 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1298015740; bh=8OgGP+QzZNm0X3DPaj0FlmxCUGgKpYX5rJfwWxyutP0=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=PKO4ExdKMcdUpnY9xjnhYuyyYZUAClwSqPTwVjvs0N/oK/LEmdArH23ERn/MlwaG3Gk6pEdx7o2GZ6yX95z+7R9KxNmObiefv58y6+Rd6DoNh7Zh1Vma50tg5tBZr558
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Stan:

Regarding double track thru Jacksonville, the first time it is mentioned in a
Beardstown timetable is on October 6, 1912.  I copied the following information
from a copy of this timetable that is in the Newberry Library.  Rule 27 is not
shown verbatim, as I added some notes from other parts of the timetable:

Rule 27 Use of Double Track:
The line through Centralia station yard, between Centralia Freight yard and
Shattuc, between Pisgah and Block 104 (new location 2.5 miles south of
Arenzville and 2.0 miles north of Concord, also with a siding with a capacity
of 90 cars), between Block 107 and Beardstown Yard Office, north end of
Illinois River bridge and Browning, and Bader and Astoria will be operated as
double track.  Pisgah is shown at 17.3 miles from Concord, with a passing track
of 89 cars and other tracks with a capacity of 17 cars.  The passing track
capacity was 162 cars in the previous timetable. New advance track north of
Block 104 used by north-bound trains only, except by train order.

Jacksonville was on the portion between Block 104 and Pisgah.

Glen Haug

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com