Re: [CBQ] Jacksonville, Illinois Tower

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Jacksonville, Illinois Tower
From: Stan Maddox <stan@stmaddox.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 01:23:36 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1298010227; bh=O/WyovW9gMNC8EPcWLMwR2s3mqzsjTUi8eaJJQRYeh4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:To:References:Message-Id:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=VTq6TBOTE3xn79VcJ6qrIfD1B+8kLN2hDUUMsTnXUuQf1AhRayFgKsO9EiIIqCqsyK2RHF0ZisYl0illiUNadlF1w0waxI6AYWUXFSCo5ut40q1KD57ZnaZPeo0HMfKu
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Verlin, you just made my year!

Jacksonville had a 12-stall roundhouse, a transfer table and extensive shops on
the CP&St.L? You should have seen the look on my face when I opened that file,
you could have knocked me over with a feather. Since this list is CB&Q I'll
keep my further comments more related to the Q of course, but wow.

This brings three questions to mind: Does anyone know when the Q was
double-tracked through Jacksonville? Which jobs would have switched the Q
there? And, how much and what kind of interchange typically took place there
during the 40-50's? Thanks for your time, and thanks again Verlin for the info.

Best regards,
Stan

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com