Re: [CBQ] Triple track

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Triple track
From: "Rupert & Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 18:54:59 +1300
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1297835704; bh=1bXlEEbjL1ai8k9yz/A0AbwTZnxoRvPxDLNoDt4lZuA=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Filtered:X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Result:X-IronPort-AV:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=PcGALF6vZwJ88DJ52XGaxd62H2/ofuOLuLgxwhiPmQcyDshCRNLC0H45XVqE/T4AGQx0Edq9OrBI9U4/epTtKxphqj3qKzn8p+A9+VV+d2Bz4QY6jRbtBBa6Ra1mj8GR
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Charlie

Thanks for digging out this information - I'm particularly interested in the
Hinsdale to La Grange area so I'll take 1872 for the
third track unless anyone can substantiate an alternative date.

According to Overton's Burlington Route, the Aurora-Chicago direct route was
opened in 1864 but the double track was delayed until
the end of 1865 as the equipment was fully utilised with increased freight
business.  However, he generalises and doesn't give any
details of particular sections.

Rupert