[CBQ] Air Brake Diagram Plates

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Air Brake Diagram Plates
From: "Dave Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 10:47:37 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1291132552; bh=/akMFVvjbBLAOB3C908Ljox2VtlB0bRX2F2ehtFH7c4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:To:Message-ID:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:Importance:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=t0b2Vk3Iev+EZszO6R1cZlnF0P9K28uyu5KaJaOb9EE+ZW4Ry6E0Aih1yDWP58UKZi6a6z+SG91jjHbpfhbBf6INSEZRH3E1JeKZ6LbkVPhrBPI+oEcAlOwfcEIrBNpT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Aurora was not the only foundry for the Q.  The Murray Iron Works Foundry,
located at the east end of the West Burlington Shops grounds, also did much
foundry work for the Q.  I have wooden patterns (masters) for three of the
brake diagram plates and the one for the Q's pre-concrete, metal Whistle
Post Sign that were from Hank Kuepper.  Hank's father either worked as a
supervisor for the foundry or the shops - I can;t recall which at the
moment.  Anyway, I scanned one and have loaded the image to the Yahoo! Photo
Album in the CBQ Photo area so you can see what we are talking about.

Dave Lotz