RE: [CBQ] Commercial Post - The Burlington Waycars

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Commercial Post - The Burlington Waycars
From: Gerald Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 13:48:54 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1289850577; bh=O1jtS1htK/Jt/YesmwKnEEj7rxuUWLRIvcUlnaQl8xc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Vgpg4XjXePo6uAXa+eiynqHCfjcyyxphcdPlEzIsv/ZPN2SqwFUUAWYT5FgW5NOuhFMIdn6jwZ8FDDmGNCJXr8L3E9AMmc2XdexvsVhTZALcVg/h1fkLFl5dknoBb/GJ
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I am uncertain as to whether BRHS archives have any but regardless, til we find
a permanent home for same, they are not readily accessible.

CB&Q like many corporations, donated AR's ea yr to libraries in their area
(some of the 1st ones i acquired as a young man were surplus from my local
library!)  If you have a University or major library in the area, check with
them.

They can range in price (eBay, RR shows, etc) from $5-10 to $30 or more
depending on condition.  Ironically many older ones sell for less than those
from late 50's/early 60's that were full color with many pics of rolling stock.
 I've sold some in the past @ BRHS meets as have others.

other RR's had equally good AR's although as with CB&Q, content varied from
decade to decade with some issues being largely financial data and others with
a lot of 'meat' for  railfans.

Gerald