RE: [CBQ] heavyweight kit-bashing

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] heavyweight kit-bashing
From: Ray Bedard <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 05:17:48 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1286626678; bh=TWMh9TyA7cohd8YrXDlIPhHmAWHKPbo8qnRswOMFnqY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=gz7YSeFxDNQ7ySzWB+F1ILWkSXEvoCcWbR7OqkSLt2drlCsQ6KDQItas6TI2ykAGVpzmxvnE/myDyKwQk1W86ajNqZiwzQQ9pOZksi5p44kjsKtggcY+lXKjoYKX0Jr6
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Duncan,
I am not certain if the Walthers coach is 80 ft, but I suspect it is. One of
these days I will have to buy one or two or three.
I have "kitbashed" several of Walthers heavyweight (Pullman) and expect to do
several more. Bill Glick has done several, as well as some Branchline kits.
I had an article in the Feb 08 issue of the Zephyr, No. 57, in which I took 2
of Walthers 60 foot cars and kitbashed them into the 80 ft Combine/Baggage/RPO
No. 5272.
The Walthers 60 ft and 80 ft cars come apart the same way. Remove the roof
first, then the ends, and the rest is easy, just snap off the sides from the
core base.
I recently kitbashed  Solarium car "Burlington House" using Walthers 80 ft
heavyweight Pullmans, and I know Bill Glick did a Solarium that I believe he
has written an article on for the Zephyr.
For those of you in HO that have not yet experienced the fun of kitbashing, try
it, it's fun and easy to do. Just take your time. Plus you can easily expand
your fleet of passenger cars.
Ray BedardSan Jose CA

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com