[CBQ] Re: Aurora

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Aurora
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:13:49 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1274364856; bh=KExJPnsfJRhBg+wEHBhml1266dpfMigVIGET0NCnf6I=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:Message-Id:To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=IbF6fhVzUCBKVBSbqt9sxxPtDMWXS2FqRmcAAIshp7g0XiMY2QFEvFsNcGEw//pdnWLlTQn8GZ0xTmq/a+mGI20OJ57UBl2KqI7fLI/z67wH3DT13AQHs/UYSyDJg/lK
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Charlie,

While your theory is plausible, I question moving or staging the
second unit on the through running track to change locomotives. It
would seem that the normal move would be to set the shovel nose unit
over on one of the station tracks to the right rather than foul the
freight main. I agree that the shovel nose may not be on a train as I
believe both the TCZ and the DZ had scheduled stops at Aurora. I
don't recall if or where a switch to the freight main was west of the
depot. It had to be quite a ways west, if it existed.

There is another possibility. It may have been a "staged" photo op
for either the RR, the press or possibly for EMD. The lighting is
obviously better from the south side of the tracks, so if the #511 is
the focal point, then placing the shovel nose unit behind would make
sense. My guess is that there is a significant event occurring. Maybe
it was the first trip with the EMD test unit painted silver.
Obviously, the crewmen are interested. I know that I have seen photos
of the 511 and 512 operating on the Q in their original black paint
scheme, so it is not the first run of the units.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com