RE: [CBQ] TCZ Dome Cars and BLI TCZ Consist

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] TCZ Dome Cars and BLI TCZ Consist
From: Rick Keil <rkeil6721@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 20:50:13 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1269654620; bh=0lcAfEjTZGM4sS3tOEgCyV1EXVczjwtfeFBSQW3uiw0=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=YhWkR0j8MS5SLCkhKi2iSYtWBbLGnEZo3lHbRDM/L3tM7y4rIQv4OjkayujDA1Ri4twb40twUNItXRJ6MDIjFTzUPU9tf0RTcTBzIhKn9dk2/AqlfIQX+HQIQe0zVatO
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I contacted BLI several years ago about running some of the cars undecorated
and removing the corner name boards as only the CZ had them from what I can
tell.  If they could stop the process before those holes are drilled not only
can some of the cars be used as is on other trains but some (relatively) simple
window rearrangements could be made to get other cars.

It would be fairly easy for someone like Brass Car Sides or even someone
working in styrene to produce an overlay or "insert" that would go into the
window strip.

Ricky Keil

Bellevue, NE

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com