[CBQ] [MILW] Re: The Board of Directors

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] [MILW] Re: The Board of Directors
From: "pal_houston" <paulaleonard08@att.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 02:02:37 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1268704967; bh=HeQrvVpm5E8Xl4VHH1w7zfFkf8XdalDoYLWjOpEy7Sg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=iCiJLoW6Hi73Y2nRcmSUyDlwyMSTsn2sFA6f4fNH70bmCFZb6h/Z9GE63PIgm31Q9t0yFLniNYCc2u8UhnfwnjC3rk7SKRWj84BbnbQQuuucBo2+7Srb3w6Furkgc2Oo
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, Gerald & Virginia Edgar <vje68@...> wrote:

Gerald:  Good Response!

Mr. Moderator:

I would like to suggest that you block this topic, or send it back to the MILW
group on Yahoo, along with Mr. Edgar's comments.

My specific reason for making this suggestion is that I have tremendously
enjoyed the CBQ group's discussions up until this point, and I would like to
see it continue.  I do not feel the same way about the MILW group.  My reason
for this is my personal perception of differences in attitude and ambiance
between the 2 groups.

I have been a member of both the MILW and the CBQ groups for approximately the
same amount of time.  Based on that, and my admittedly personal and subjective
observations, I compare the discussions on the 2 sites as follows:

The CBQ group celebrates and enjoys the history of the CB&Q; about half of the
discussion of the MILW group similarly concerns itself with the sharing of
information about the history of the Milwaukee road, and its successes and
milestones.  Unfortunately, the balance of discussion on the MILW group seems
to be devoted to making themselves miserable about the all the gory details of
the demise of the MILW, and how it could've/should've/might've been different,
if only this or that or the other thing.

They wish it were different, and like to commiserate about why it's not.
Bummer.  I don't complain there, because I don't have to participate.  The
facts can be very interesting to read, but the endless rehashing of conclusions
and conjectures is a real downer.

Personally, I much prefer the ambiance of the CB&Q group, where the history,
the successes, the milestones of a great railroad are discussed and honored.
I, for one, would like to keep it that way.
And I see no particular value in arguing the relative pros and cons of  CBQ and
MILW in this group, or beginning an interminable discussion about why the
Burlington is no more (or is, and the Milwaukee is not) or other possible
variants of an essentially negative discussion.

To all of you folks who make the CBQ group such a pleasure to participate in,
thank you!!

Regards,
Paul Leonard

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com