[CBQ] Re: Milw Board of Directors

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Milw Board of Directors
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:26:47 EDT
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1268702817; bh=Zyit8t4vWnQMLRXz3WQSIaYiqI34IgzuiaHBTI5SxmQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:X-AOL-ORIG-IP:X-AOL-IP:X-Spam-Flag:X-AOL-SENDER:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=XXWm5yBBVh7L/SmWdKL1eBov63bZwb0FEbrlHgbZo8e5YyqRxHHQqHY5nfhDUVBKMuhjioSKYLqA+GYkkvNbXt59esE6AsoyPPYOHTHpQdmWK2w+NFf3xdTeHsFWiRNW
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Just an obsevation.

Once the BN merger took place ,instead of the decades old  pattern of 3
thru and one local each way between Chicago and St Paul, on the  Q; traffic
grew to 10 plus trains in each direction each day.
I was there and experienced it first hand. When I would ask  where all the
traffic was coming from I was told repeatedly that the BN merger  cancelled
the division of eastbound traffic agreement dating from the Hill road
merger days which had given a portion of all GN/NP traffic to the  Q,C&NW,SOO
and
Milw between St Paul and Chicago. I 've not seen such an  agreement but
surely the growing economy of the early 1970s didnt more than  double traffic
between St Paul and Chicago on the former Q.

While in train service in the 1970s we deadheaded  eastbound vs westbound
20:1 so not sure the eastbound traffic was 2:1 or  the deadheading would have
been the other way around. Now I'll state that  eastbounds were loads and
westbounds were 90% empties but train sizes were  approx equal due to siding
lengths.

Leo Phillipp

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com