[CBQ] Clyde Yard

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Clyde Yard
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:21:11 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1259641284; bh=OnEMa0nuYNM5V2Gy68UBRWgli8A0W7EycsEwwckpY3M=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=enoIWJFkV/FmpH3bocXGcXsr2qukMUrG5QAdQFCLrEcMz//5YylztAbTd3E0pnPdAn7bpc3uFkPDmPGXJe2XcHR7x97ThA4rtaVbUpoA+JTVih8mOBZdPu7xSgxMMVB7
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Leo's post about transfer runs reminds me of a true legend that I'd like to see
recorded.
During the 60's there was a Clyde Yard Manager (I don't know his position or
title, but he had some supervisory authority
that allowed him to do the deed) that would somehow "arrange" things so that
foreign road transfers couldn't get their
caboose, hack, van, crummy, buggy, cabin, waycar, or whatever they called it
for the light engine trip back home.   The goal would
be to collect as many different road's cars as possible in a shift.
I believe the guy was a relative of a member of the society.
I sure would like to see the story (with the truth and all colorful urban
legend embellishments added/set straight)
in writing in a future BRHS publication.
Charlie Vlk

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com