[CBQ] Re: Commuter Consist

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Commuter Consist
From: "rgs20460" <amtrak347@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 06:49:55 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1258267796; bh=2KLJhtoOBI/x+O3JuzR0cqhyt3WsS9aTwBiRHaQZXTA=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=FUvajweS+HhN1VHFGYjBZ7aeARvntycZt+kMtWWcIY4A7AgDiIBE1QI0YGVq4wn5U1I40mz4MiKQuV/6WecH8M/VJ0eSQlaERM1FVR7RKjUyVfmF6MOIH5fAZx0kANx7
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, qutlx1@... wrote:

> Take it from someone who knows John Smith personally,he lives in the same
> town as me. He follows me in seniority by about 2 years. I still ride w/him
> a  few times a month on the middle round trip.
>
> John is mild compared to some of his predecessors. Try comparing John to
> Bill Burnell, Jacko Hollan,"Peanuts" Schroeder,"Casey"Colgan, Frank
> Windisch, "Skeeter" Nass,"Tinny" Bieri,"Freddie"Erb,Jack Milroy,Bob  Johnson,
> "Maxy"
> Josephson,,Ralph Plummer, "Morrie" Campbell,
> Even the grand Puhpab himself,Ed Metz or Archie Maze and many
> others..............
>
> The stories are stacking up. Just one quick one.... We've unloaded at CUS
> and I'm walking up thru the cars from the rear end to make sure everyone is
> off  and to find a WSJ. Hey there are priorities!  Upon entering the
> vestibule of the first or second car I come upon a full fledge battle
> between
> Archie Mays(The hoggers greiver) and Archie Mays(the brakemans  griever) over
> the fact of who has first rights to the papers on the  train !? The train
> crew or the fireman sent back to fill the engineers reading  needs !! It was
> like watching a scorpion and a
> terantula go at it.
>
> Leo Phillipp

Leo -
None of the aforementioned could "hold a candle" to the likes of "Geep" Midkiff
and Roscoe Tripp!  What a pair to ever don a uniform; the CB&Q must have been
"proud" of them representing the Company!

The "Hogger's Griever" was R.F. May and not "Archie Mays"; the brakeman's
griever was Archie Maze.

Lastly, I believe the middle collector you're trying to remember was Ray
Nilles.  Does that sound right?  He worked in three separate capacities for the
"Q"; crew caller, gumshoe, & trainman.

Bob Campbell

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com