[CBQ] Savanna Pick Up

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Savanna Pick Up
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 20:55:29 EDT
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1249520150; bh=rwRvjEFhzA9d5JWQveIHL4+K66ZZy3YizD2DSGXPhKM=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:X-Spam-Flag:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=M1OpL74568GXvnEM0e6Af5gi4EV3RURJrFzxsTEwqbKXQhrNiDLuggt5Frj48B/SndsVtazJmKvwZhfLulo+WaJDpiif5gMBXhnEwzNJMIX4yfQhVescUMkNx+ROa0uc
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Paul,

All I can tell you is the "North End" (La Crosse Div ) had locals and
secondary trains as we did on the C&I.
The mtys I was asking about were moving east on the p/u from Savanna and
had originated on the Q at Dubuque. That's what  raised the question  because
this seemed odd given the loaded traffic pattern.
But I am sure Rip was talking about mty banana cars going east because the
story revolved around the rear brkmn getting in an mty  banana car while
the head man and engine crew were switching at Chadwick. Seems the discussion
 coming into town on the w/c was about watching out for the spiders in the
mty  banana cars while scrounging for left over fruit in the cars. Seems the
rear man  climbed up in the car and somehow the plug door got closed and
locked behind  him?!
I can tell you the same scenario played out on mty potato cars going north
in the 1970s on the C&I.

Leo