Re: [CBQ] SouthEast BRHS Meets?

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] SouthEast BRHS Meets?
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 16:48:27 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1240955281; bh=vVmrmtNQCGDgQ2qtyDR6DH9YWLhuUgx66ivnYjlzEU4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=M/dF2XwyZPhqmkaKYCWVytSRpRgw2FmccgXuwHKKQbNQLCc/lG6w3TtApPo8UkC8oJNx/1LJXVi0AQbmEofGP+Vfmsu7QG9e3C0lGEvYK77NM9i/LE5/Rl+u3+XFXY1Q
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Ray-

Might I suggest that this sort of experience might be worthwhile putting into
the Zephyr?
Your email posting is about 80% of what would be needed for a short article.
 One of the things that would help pump some engergy into the Scoiety
would be to get some local groups meeting on a more frequent basis tnan the two
meets a year, which many people can't make because of distance.
Comraderie and Peer Pressure are great ways for both individuals and the
Society in general to grow and prosper.   I belong to an N Scale Round Robin
operating group that meets on a very regular basis and not only do the meetings
provide inspiratiion for modeling and research projects, but knowing the gang
will be getting together in a few days forces one to actually DO something.
Our group has been the incubator for magazine articles, new module standards,
modeling projects, and even some commercial products.
There is nothing inherent in the CB&Q or the BRHS that would prevent "local
chapters" from developing out of such informal get-togethers.... this is one of
the strengths of the PRRH&TS.   It sure would make finding places for meetings
easier if many of them already had an active group of members that know each
other and are energized.
Charlie Vlk