RE: [CBQ] Burlington Railroad Bridge

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Burlington Railroad Bridge
From: "Matt Carlson" <matt@carlsonphotos.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 10:54:13 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1240761268; bh=mAHud7x9Eeyk5S5M+L/ZgemDR4mmTL93l6yU4xeHAHU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:References:In-Reply-To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=C/mXxrjVn2ZFiNjpNScZ4Q1wgT967f6EwRVKT1QCtSlGguLfYO3q+WWoK2OUu7HonS8ZQAo/j2Bn1Rg7qb38cH8KjJ2U8tcEYg0pog3SbGAENZE1x1SYcjX/EZxFkow3
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
It took CP 3 days of out of service time to replace the swing span on the
Black River here in La Crosse. To do that in the 2 prior years they had
built the piers an replaced sections of the approach (also with track
windows - some 12 hours long). On removal day as soon as the last train
cleared they started cutting and removing the span. It took long into the
night before the turntable pier was demoed (3 am). It then took the
remaining 2 days to move the pre-constructed lift span and remaining
approach sections in place, fill the counterweights with concrete and iron
concentrate and get the deck track in place.

Matt Carlson
La Crosse, WI
carlsonphotos.net