Re: [CBQ] Mixed trains on the Q

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Mixed trains on the Q
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:00:06 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1237140023; bh=501/l8yu7jrwGQ28+cQrUKYd18KEuIzRcGKiUtUjX2c=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:To:X-AOL-IP:In-Reply-To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:X-Spam-Flag:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=V0kugVbS6ZCoUdxxtD6SxhTjmgjhFgQnJUJ9I9VNBNQrhMRz/fa5O/ZpRyRkzxM1TRbmwFESwgvobihbi7tuTjE9rL/SsFWUpdAolBIHml3ukoiKOaZm17QK7mCLhtH1
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Just for some specifics to add to Gerald's general comments re mixed trains.

During the 1950's my railfan buddy Jim Christen and I would take summer trips
primarily riding branch line mixed trains...here's some of what we rode

Trains 93-94 running between Villisca Ia and Corning MO carried combine car
3537 for many years.

The mixed trains..I think it was something like 101 and 102 between Red Oak and
Hamburg carried a converted motor car trailer

The Lincoln, NE -Neb City locals used the 3666 which was a converted MC for
many years.

Mixed's (various numbers) between St. Joe MO and Chariton, IA carried both a
converted MC trailer and a regular waycar.

The mixed local I worked summer 1958 between Fairmont, NE and Hildreth, NE used
a converted MC trailer...I worked the job for 8 weeks that summer, but never
wrote down the number.

The Nebraska City "Bridge Run" used a side door waycar...I think it may have
been the only one on the system.

I worked the Hastings, NE -Huntley local summer 1956 with the MC 9769 for power
and just a regular waycar..We never had any passengers and used an MTY boxcar
for whatever express or LCL we had.

Most other Wymore Division mixeds used converted MC trailers.

Pete