Re: [CBQ] Intimidation factor "the rest of the story"

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Intimidation factor "the rest of the story"
From: "Russ Strodtz" <normansen@groundcontrol.us>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 23:38:25 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1234157919; bh=c+awlUyKa/fcCnpbJ6qpMDDKieXFrORH4JrsxFkvUwY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-DWNI-Authenticated-User:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=eYIl6i6FtEhVFubwShSE035L8uQmj7QiGZlFDYXfbDSLy3nspoFdivdaEQeFa06X2cy+v8VTFbjMQMxHsb/p9BBy1sWbbJ8QaXl7YTWP8KgW6e7Phw/bQLedFZB3zyAU
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I can make a couple of points. First, I think that you
are saying that that everyone has to left all orders
before the train leaves Denrock. Why? Everyone should be
able to read everyone while the train is still standing
at Denrock and all have decided and discussed anything
needs to be done or noticed. Remember, that is a rule in
itself.

Please keep in mind that they just got a large discussion
about a derailment from 1956 at Broomfield CO. The problem
was, of course, that with a five man crew only one man was
deciding all the decisions. What were these other four guys
doing? I realize that the railroad had not figured out that
it was needed to have a "Job Briefing" but I'm sure that
they still had to discuss exactly what they were doing.

I'm also glad that the "passed Condrs test but waiting for
opening" is long gone. In order to be at train service then
you have to pass the Conductor test. No one in train service
in any job can do anything without passing. Even any Engineer
still has to be a Conductor first. You have to work as a
Conductor first, then you can be an Engineer.

Russ