Re: [CBQ] Intimidation factor "the rest of the story"

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Intimidation factor "the rest of the story"
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 09:49:11 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1234190972; bh=ANob0RmxcqAD+XqJb7qITmNifOc0frteRly3yaDgpxE=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:To:X-AOL-IP:In-Reply-To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:X-Spam-Flag:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=D5EzFYQTubMF0UN9LzBlLRxIwdm+RxR/p58yPuDwrlQn/xvVybmgN+0Uh0I/o05QQ4L8E0ezeD+xcn3YvzjJsdG2IRebmGsxv+WOjyuo/LIIClhdL6OTvLXkUqGI2MlW
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Leo et al

There was a "case" which illustrates exactly what your engineer was telling you
that took place right in your own backyard.

I think it was early 1940's or so..It's on the ICC website...

There was a work extra authorized to work between Montgomery and
Wedron....probably just the local down the branch to the sand pits.

He? was delayed at Montgomery by traffic on the mainlines for a considerable
period of time....When the operator turned him loose he picked up orders at the
tower, one of whi;ch was a "run late" on the Passenger Motor car coming up from
Streator to the tune of an hour or so late maybe more....but by the time the
delayed train got the order the Psgr was almost due on his Run late...

After crossing over the local engineer was occupied with getting his train
started, whistling for several crossings etc and by the time he got the order
read the Psgr was due and, not only due he was "there" and there was a head
on....

After that, according to the ICC report the Q issued instructions that trains
for the branch were not to be cleared (re train orders) until they were cleared
to move across the mainlines and get on the branch.

I'll look the date up on this one, and post it, but it illustrates exactly what
your man was telling you.

Pete