[CBQ] Intimidation factor "the rest of the story"

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Intimidation factor "the rest of the story"
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 23:08:00 EST
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1234152483; bh=+QHCAgQ8xYVKcTSRRFOQDQLAgoPwfm8LMxy10ZcUsYk=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:X-Spam-Flag:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=RNC8G5sBt+PgJ0MQGWjQKyXbzFRHpVB7JxyujHmZCvdi9H+ccmx+A1FuX0C/gfZ8Xc+DS7JohcgGLzoZRRQZnsL50lSNEvWYXuGSZWZTnaunoZH3UhyhlZF4T+Ulfgoi
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Before I tell the balance of the intimidation factor story concerning train
orders at Denrock I need to clarify one point. Most of my stories deal with
the  1970's as the Q didn't want me in '68 when I first applied. So it's
technically  a BN time period story but believe me;the characters are all old Q
employees and  for the most part the only thing that had changed was the paint
colors.

Now the rest of the story..............I'm sitting on the left hand seat
looking ahead as the engineer reads the orders that I had delivered after
reading them myself. He takes awhile reading the rather thick wad that we had
been
handed that day. Upon completing his study he folded them neatly and tucked
them behind the windshield wiper air line as was standard practice. He then
educated me to the fact that orders are addressed to C&E of a train and  should
always be delivered to them immediately. This engineer did take the  effort to
explain that the logic was based on "there could have been an order  that was
for a point just east of Denrock and while you were looking at them I  would
be unaware of the need to take action".
While this engineer and I usually got along well and I thought there was a
level of respect between us, that lecture, that basically said as an
examined(passed Condrs test but waiting for opening)  brakemen with  several
years of
experience I still wasn't to be trusted with the first read of  train orders
and knowing what to do about them,stayed with me to this day.

now. (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000001)