Re:[SPAM]Re: [CBQ] Re: 1958 Wreck

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re:[SPAM]Re: [CBQ] Re: 1958 Wreck
From: richard haave <therrboomer@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:36:57 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1233790620; bh=Xffs/e/XBKKDAPjlradT0b7mPQ8WMdCLKtALM76MTeY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:To:Message-ID:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=ElvRAQs9l0gw2yzU529WirYgpET6XP9fzKzoBLOh9K/a17TPgoMGgW2XWzbBJm1AX7tkoROHCdYqu9kavrpNUS8+8aVWTgN60HeFqiAEx8fm/ESsGy2I+FoZE+z9hvt1
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Two more comments on this head on:

I witnessed time and time again where the whole crew seems to simultaneously go
brain dead over some event.

In this case the other crew members said they warned the engineer, but as the
record shows, none took the required action of stopping the train.  In
incidents such as these, one question ALWAYS comes up at the formal
investigation:

"Mr (insert name) will you please tell us what action you took to stop the
train.......?

We all now know the answer was, no action was taken.  Therefore each crew
member, except perhaps the inexperienced brakeman, was jointly responsible with
the engineer.

During my time in the industry I've been on both side of the investigation
table. Neither side is recommended.

I can not imagine the angst the other crew members must suffered for the rest
of their lives knowing their inaction caused the deaths of their fellow
employees/friends.