[CBQ] Passenger Car Toilets

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Passenger Car Toilets
From: "Myers, Scott V." <svmyers@southernco.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:29:18 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I can remember riding on commuter cars (not the bi-level gallery cars)
into Chicago in the late 60s and early 70s from the western suburbs and
seeing the track rushing by below when using the commode.  As I recall,
there was a sign in the restroom requesting it not be used when stopped
at a station.  Is hard to believe that was the practice then.  And I
walked across that 3 track mainline daily going to and from grade school
in the 50s!

Scott Myers