[CBQ] Burlington Stock Movements

To: cbQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Burlington Stock Movements
From: "Paul K." <kozys@insightbb.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 01:25:14 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hello all,

I copied the following from the Railway Bull_Shippers Group at Yahoo!"

""The Q had a very hot train from Billings to the  east and would run stock
trains with E units well into the
1960's. Sorry, I don't have numbers or specifics, though now I might have to go
 look such info up.""

I've never heard of this before.  Can anyone shed light on this and on how the
Burlington/CB&Q handled livestock traffic.  I thought I recall reading
something to the effect that they didn't have dedicated stock trains per se,
but rather put stock cars as part of other freight trains or where tonnage was
needed to fill out a train.

Would appreciate any and all who could set me straight!

Thanks . . .

--
"Paul (Kossart) - The CB&Q Guy"
 Peru, IL *USA*