Re: [CBQ] Burlington Stock Movements

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Burlington Stock Movements
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 20:10:39 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Paul

The stock trains would begin to run in mid to late august during my time on the
Lincoln Division (1956-58).  The most common designation which I recall was
Montana Wyoming Stock Pick Up)  MWSPU..Commonly dubbed a "Monkey Ward".  I
caught a couple of these during my tenure..At least one of these was powered by
a set of the California Zephyr F-3's...9960 and up.

One of the Burlington Bulletins a few years ago carried a feature on Stock
Movements and probably would be helpful...But they did indeed use e units or
any other power which was available.

Pete