Re: [CBQ] Sunrise Ore Shipments

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Sunrise Ore Shipments
From: richtownsend@netscape.net
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 13:38:13 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The C&S used drop-bottom GS gondolas (16500-17499) and USRA 55-ton twin hoppers
(18000-18299).  C&S generally did not use classes.  Accurail makes a USRA
hopper lettered for the C&S (actually two versions, but the one with the
circular C&S herald is too early for you), and Intermountain did a special run
of Tichy USRA hoppers with C&S lettering.  Nobody makes anything close to the
GS gons.

In the Denver Public Library digital image collection, the photo with call
number CHS.X5563 shows a variety of C&S and CB&Q cars at the steel mill, but it
is earlier than your period.  It includes a C&S Ingoldsby ore car, which were
long gone by 1951.

If I find a good on-line photo later I'll post the cite.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon