Re: [CBQ] Re: yards at galva il

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: yards at galva il
From: Noel Raley <bnrifan@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 15:48:23 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Rick,

Are you referring to the ROCK or BN?

What side of US 34 are you referring to?  There was a ROCK track on
the SE side of US 34 that went through town, crossed over the CBQ
mainline, snaked through where those huge Gateway COOP storage silos
are, and came out by the foundry, crossed US 34 and then finally went
around the backs of most of the houses on west division street to
Bishop Hill viaduct.  The roadbed is still quite visible through
town, even behind west division and across US34 near where the
foundry used to be.

Btw, did the ROCK switch the foundry?  I remember black coal cars
sitting there (a few of them) some with the white and blue THE ROCK on them.

I lived in Galva all my life up till 2000, when I moved to Kewanee,
then Southern, IL where I am at right now.

-Noel

PS  Sorry for OT post about ROCK on CBQ group.

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM