Fwd: [CBQ] Leaker

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Fwd: [CBQ] Leaker
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:43:07 EST
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I could offer an experienced guess but since I'll be meeting with a person or
two who are still working and were around when the riveted cars were banned
I'll get a good date and advise. Give me a couple weeks.
The AAR rules are issued in an annual book called the Field Manual because
its used on rip trks,shops,etc for reference. The same rules are also in the
Office Manual but it also includes pricing,billing,etc and as named is used in
the offices. Rule 90 is the one that covers what isnt acceptable in service.
Once a rule is placed into the Field Manual it applied to cars in interchange
service as that is what the AAR governs. A given RR can continue to operate
whatever it wants to on its' own line. For example friction bearing and
converted sideframes have been banned for several years now but the old CNW ran
friction bearing ore jinnies in captive gravel service for years after the
change.

Leo