[CBQ] Re: Walthers Standard 8-1-2 Sleeper

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Walthers Standard 8-1-2 Sleeper
From: "Bill Glick" <Qglick@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:18:28 -0800
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hello everyone
I have been so busy with my passenger car photo album I have not responded to
these articles, but now that it is done and at printers, So I can put in my 2
cents worth.
I am only a modeler and 'Q" fan, not an expert on passenger cars.
As for the 8-1-2 I have the Branchline car which is very nice. It is lettered
BLACKHAWK on the
letter board, and Cyrus Northrop on side. Each letter is individually placed on
it, one-by-one.
Unfortionally the roof was Air Conditioned so I replaced it with a Riverossi by
cutting of the clear window section and cutting out the ends for the pediment
style body. The window in the ladies room is different in my book but it may be
correct as the drawing I have shows it like the Branchline car. I am not sure
where I got my information back in 1986 it has been to many years to remember.
I certainly would not be concerned. The windows are lighter color in the B&W
photos and I don't know for sure what color they were. But if you look at the
Great Northern cars they were painted gold. Which is how I did mine which makes
them very classy.
Ray Bedard had a suggestion of using a Gold felt pen and that was how I did
them. It takes a little skill, but well worth the effort. All my BLACKHAWK cars
are done that way. Some of you may have seen them at Dubuque meeting, 2005.

Happy modeling

Bill Glick