Re: [CBQ] Locomotive Lights

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Locomotive Lights
From: "homanfamily" <homanfamily@fuse.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 10:49:46 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Scott,
    As I read the Rule Book, again this is a May 1951 edition, switchers had
both lights on at night and a road locomotive had to have the front (
defined by direction of travel) on all the time.  The persons who can best
answer this are those that worked for the Q family lines..  My expience is
from my granddad and hanging around the yard at Wallsend Ky on the L&N,
which won't help.
    I agree, with the use of DCC and lights, we should know what is the
correct way to run the trains.  I have put functioning headlights in my two
FW&D steam engines but none in my L&N locomotives.  That is what triggered
my second question as I actively model in the 1900 era but have a large
second "collection" of modern steam and I am aiming for the late 40's to
1950 period.  Do I run the Denver Road locomotives with lights on or off?
                                                Patrick