RE: [CBQ] Locomotive Lights

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Locomotive Lights
From: "Myers, Scott V." <svmyers@southernco.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 19:56:33 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Patrick (and others),

Was this rule interpreted to mean that the headlight (as in the light at what
was normally the front end of the locomotive) on road units remained on at all
times, even when running backward, and when running backward the rear headlight
was on also?  Was the rear light then off when traveling in a forward
direction?

Based on rule 18, were the lights on yard switchers only on at night?  Were
both front and rear headlights on then, regardless of the direction of travel?

As those with decoders in their model locomotives have probably already figured
out, I am trying to determine how to correctly program the decoders for the
lights on my diesels.

Thanks for the assistance.

Scott Myers