Re: [CBQ] New Burlington historical magazine direction

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] New Burlington historical magazine direction
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 07:53:58 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The CB&Q History Magazine is excellent.  Leave it as is.

homanfamily <homanfamily@fuse.net> wrote:          Roger,
I would vote to continue the historical magazine as it is. While I am a
died-in-the-wool steam fanatic, and an article on tenders might be
interesting, I have enjoyed all the articles as I have learned about the Q
and about railroading. I see a place for the "quarterly magazine" type
articles in the Zepher or there have been a number of Bulletins with short
articles. I am happy either way.
I worked for 20 years with an organization that published a member
magazine. It was a great expenxe and required a full time staff person.
Most historical societies don't have the funds for that much less the
volunteer hours. I have seen the C&NW magazine and it is impressive. I
have also seen a number of other roads which are less so. The Burlington
Bulleten is an imppressive piece that covers subjects in detail, which is a
great help in modeling as well as historical information.
I thank those who put the articles together and the editor for the great
work they are doing.
Pat
Homan