Re: [CBQ] New Burlington historical magazine direction

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com,<CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] New Burlington historical magazine direction
From: Bob Webber <no17@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 20:17:42 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
3 of those (the C&NW, Milw & CRI&P) are White River
publications.  They also do Lines South, The DM&IR, The Rio Grande's
and the Passenger Train Journal & the new variation of the CTC
Board.  They do a fine job, but, as usual, the bottom line is getting
articles to publish and material to use.  Finding a publication
committee / editorial staff is a tough job, finding people to want to
do the work and do it well and on a timely basis is a very hard thing
to do.  While I can't say that all of the Bulletins of a subject I am
interested in primarily, I do recognize that the work done is first
rate.  I still consider the Exposition Flyer Bulletin to be the
finest work done to date on a passenger train.  I can understand the
appeal of a quarterly color publication, for perhaps more than the
obvious reasons.  But at the same time, I always considered Hol's
work to be the gold standard.

At 08:57 PM 11/23/2006, Kujawa's wrote:
>Hi everyone:
>
>What are the chances of taking the CBQ historical mag in the direction of
>the CNW, MILW, Santa Fe or new Rock mags.  I know that there would be more
>casual interest in a quarterly mag along the above line than a 400 page book
>on 0-8-0 tenders.
>
>I think this would have a much broader appeal, I'd even join the historical
>soc than buying only the issues that interest me.  I'd even write a couple.
>
>Roger Kujawa
>Morton, IL

Bob Webber