Re: [CBQ] Re: Chicago Union Station

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Chicago Union Station
From: John Ziola <johnsclubs@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:43:45 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
sjh,

  I am amazed at all the helpful information I received from so many of you,
much appreciated.

  Thanks all,

  John

sholding@sbcglobal.net wrote:
          And the car washer west of Union Ave. The trains pulled out of the
coach yard and across the double slip switches at Union Ave thru the washer and
then back to the coach yard. Made for a hot tower job even in the '70s with
fewer passenger trains as all the suburban cars had to wash there as well.
The REA and Freight Houses were also going great guns. In the late '70-early
'80s use to make up Pig trains at House 7 and run them right down the main
westbound. Also use to crossover with trailers and makeup the trains in the
Little Yard(North side by Clyde Depot) with cars from House 9
sjh