Re: [CBQ] Re: Chicago Union Station

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Chicago Union Station
From: John Ziola <johnsclubs@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 20:06:11 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Thanks Jim,

  Do you know when they were replaced by the Bi-Levels? I seem to remember
sometime in the 50's, wonder how close they were to heavyweight passenger cars?

  Are these available in N scale?

  John

JAS SCHWARZ <jas.schwarz@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
          John,

The suburban cars I remember were painted green and
tan with gold trim.

I have never seen these cars done by any manufacturer.
However, I one time I had some custom painted ones,
but I have since sold them.

Also, you might want to look for a silver power car.
These were needed for the doubledeckers because they
had no way to generate their own lighting, heating and
cooling. Shoreham Shops produced this car in the mid
90's.

Good Luck!!!

Jim Schwarz
BRHS member