[CBQ] cbq cabooses

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] cbq cabooses
From: "ke4fzf" <ke4fzf@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 19:33:47 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
hi all,

i've just started watching this group because i've become interested
in building a 1/8th scale cbq caboose.  not just any caboose, but
one with character, one that says 'hey, i may be homely, but i'm
useful and unique'!  i've been able to collect source photographs
from the usual locations, but to date, i haven't seen anything that
shouts 'build me'!  i prefer wooden cabooses from the 1870's thru
1910's (however, if it is later and still unique, i'll still
consider it).  if i can get the data and source photos, i'll build
it early next year.  you can watch it being built on one of the live
steam threads at www.railfan.net.

there has to be something out there that should be shared with
others even in model form.  my equipment runs in a public park where
more than 40,000 kids visit each year.  there has to be something
out there to represent the cbq to these young inquiring minds.

can you help?

george the caboose moose