Re: [CBQ] Waycar colors

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Waycar colors
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 09:36:07 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I agree with Dave's statement.  Also heard that upon viewing new NE12s in this
scheme,
officials ordered a new scheme be developed which resulted in the Silver F
Unit-inspired scheme.
Somehow the NE10s looked okay in the Orange scheme and, while some of them got
the
all-silver paint, none of them received the full treatment that the NE12 and
NE13 cars wore until
some of the graphics were dropped in cost cutting simplification of the late
60s/early 70s.  The
smooth surfaces of the NE12 just didn't lend itself to Orange paint and the
cars that lost their
graphics somehow still didn't look good iin plain Silver.
Charlie Vlk

  From what I understand, the waycars were originally painted orange to
  indicate they were radio equipped. I've only seen photos of NE10 and NE12
  waycars in this scheme.

  Dave Lotz
  .