[CBQ] Western Star and EB consists on the Q?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Western Star and EB consists on the Q?
From: "Dereck" <deke8706@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 20:17:45 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Does anybody have any consists for the combined Western Star/Black
Hawk for 1968-1971 on the CB&Q? I think by this time the
Mainstreeter was also combined with them.

Also, does anyone have consists for the Empire Builder/North Coast
Limited/TCZ?

I am planning for a future Q/BN layout Savanna-La Crosse and am
trying to figure out what I need to order as far as the Walthers EB
cars. I just picked up the first one today, the 60 seat coach, and
am very impressed with it. I plan on modeling two consists, a 1968-
69 train, and a 1970 BN pre-Amtrak train.

So far all I have is the winter '68 EB:

Q Baggage
60 Seat Coach (1209-1214)
Dome Coach (1320-1335)
Dome Coach (1320-1335)
Ranch Car (1240-1245)
Dome Lounge (1390-1395)
Diner (1250-1255)
6-5-2 Sleeper (1370-1384)
7-6-1 Sleeper (1262-1264)
6-5-2 Sleeper (1370-1384)
Plus the NCL

I *thought* the Q added either another coach or a dome-coach at the
front for the TCZ riders, but I'm not finding anything on that at
the moment.

I don't have anything on the Western Star yet. I remember seeing
photos of it on the GN, I think it was something like 6-8
baggage/RPO, a Day-Nite Coach, a diner, a 16-4 sleeper, and another
6-8 baggages, and I think that photo was the late 50's anyway. I
know a lot of the older EB equip got bumped to the WS, did the
Coulee series obs cars go there or was it the Mountain series? They
might have been the obs series that got rebuilt into coaches,
because I think the Mountain series ones were still around...

I am a member of the Passconsist list and will start sifting through
their message history in a couple of minutes to see if there is
anything there. I'm also on the GN list but haven't really been
paying attention to their posts on it until someone reviewed the 60
Seater last night and I saw just how sweet they are at the hobby
shop today. So I need to start going back through that stuff too.

Thanks for any help in advance,
-Dereck
206612.tripod.com