[CBQ] Gold Leaf vs. Dulux, was Re: Freight engine lettering in the 1930'

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Gold Leaf vs. Dulux, was Re: Freight engine lettering in the 1930's.
From: Rob Adams <steamera@netins.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 23:08:40 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Rob;
Was it really so simple as gold leaf for passenger equipment and Dulux
for freight, especially the earlier years that Tom models?  I model the
1930's and based on what I've been learned in several inquiries, the
bronze gold (leaf) would be appropriate for quite a variety of equipment
including freight engines, though probably/perhaps not switchers.  Since
I have a bunch of engines to paint, I'd love to hear from any Q experts
who might be able to shed additional light on this topic.

Kind regards, Rob Adams

--
Rob Adams
Wellman, IA